Under the three month YCombinator program, FlightFox and other startups will receive modest funding and intensive mentoring while refining their investor pitches. The program concludes with a demo day when the startups present to a large audience of investors. The startups then continue the journey with valuable connections made during the program.
Flightfox is a platform for crowd-sourced (or human-powered) flight search. Registered flight experts, from all over the world, compete to find the best flights and are paid a flat fee by the traveler if they have found them the best deal.
- Lauren’s dream takes flight (theage.com.au)
- Startmate getting ready for the Valley (atp-innovations.com.au)
- Crowdsourced Flight Finder FlightFox Grabs $800K In Angel Funding, Joins YC’s Latest Batch (techcrunch.com)
- NY @YCombinator startups love coming home – @Shoptiques @tutorspree #Disrupt (alexisohanian.com)
- European Startups Need To Get A Valley Education, And Fast (techcrunch.com)
- Site Search That Doesn’t Suck: @YCombinator-Backed @Swiftype launches! (alexisohanian.com)
- Calgary plugs into Silicon Valley VCs (business.financialpost.com)
- The “Me, Too” Startup Syndrome (funtrepreneur.tumblr.com)
- European Startups need to get a Valley education (brandyourway.wordpress.com)
- In Search of a YCombinator/TechStars for Cleantech (bostinno.com)